The 10th Mace of Summer’s Rising
- The officers of The Resistance began somberly sitting around their war-room table deep beneath the Crossroads, in a thieves hideout turned underground railroad. They looked over a map of the Northern Colonies, town after town had been crossed off with *X*’s. Rations and morale were running low, as was hope. That was all about to change.
- Beliden entered the room, with a barbarian woman in tow whom he introduced to the party as Flukka. The poor woman was scarred from head to toe, though it was clearly from an accident long ago. In the present she was stoic, although her concern was evident. She informed the party that her son and perhaps two dozen more prisoners were being held within the walls of Fort Lobel. Once a colonial army base, the fort had been overrun by the Savage Horde after the Battle of the Redwater, and was being used as a staging point for further Horde attacks. Apparently now it also doubled as slave pens.
- That was all the party needed to hear and they quickly began their preparations. The group rode out at midnight and traveled through the early morning until reaching the fort at dawn.
The 11th Mace of Summer’s Rising
- The party approached as light broke over the fort. Farius consumed a potion of invisibility and Colya cast the same spell on herself and the two surveyed the scene. There were indeed many survivors being kept in terrible conditions inside of pens within the walls. Another such survivor was being whipped and didn’t look like he’d last much longer, they had to act soon. Farius returned the group while Colya remained inside to create a distraction. The party moved to the far side of the fort and signaled with a bird call. Colya threw a fireball into a corner of the fort, throwing the entire scene into complete chaos.
- The party scaled the far wall and began their assault on the garrison of orcs that now held the fort. The man being whipped broke his chains, picked up a fallen sword, removed the hand of his whipper, and battled alongside the party to win the day and save all of the prisoners, huzzah!
|Freeing Captured Survivors||6,000|
|Orc War Drummer||3||800||1||800|
|Orc Gorthec Rider||6||2,400||1||2,400|
|Hobgoblin Battle Priest||8||4,800||1||4,800|
|Subtotal||39,600 / 6|