The 2nd Mace of Summer’s Rising
- After defeating Sir Dynis and his hired band of thugs, the party rode onward, leaving the mutilated body of Sir Dynis, and a pile of burning bodies behind. They traveled for several more hours until nearing the turning point into the forest, and set up camp.
- Lorren cast a shelter spell for the party to sleep in. Even with this trusty magical barrier, the night was eerie and ominous. During their watches, several party members heard what sounded like a chorus of droning voices, later to be identified as cricket-calls.
The 3rd Mace of Summer’s Rising
- In the early part of the morning Sarien was startled by a large boar who’d made his way toward the camp and woke the party. They nearly attacked, then realized the boar had on a collar and must have belonged to someone. Calling out to the darkness, a voice came back. A dwarf strode into view, introducing himself as “Farlock” a truffle hunter, and his pig Tog. The group spoke for some time, asking about he forest, what to watch for, and so on. Farlock did mention that he’d spotted bandits going deep into the woods, and was convinced to show the party to this path.
- The group began to pack up but heard hoof-falls on the road coming from Brokenbridge. They fell silent and listened as the horse and rider stopped on the road, and turned up the path along which their camp sat. Through the red dawn came a figure, none other than Andriel! The party caught up and new members were introduced.
- Once prepared to leave, Farlock lead the group to the bandit’s path. Once there, he offered the party a bag of “his finest picks”, wished them luck, and carried on.
- The forest lived up to its reputation immediately, proving dark and difficult to navigate.
- The group made their way past a shallow pond. Sarien and Taranath spotted something shiny in the bottom of it’s depths. Moving closer, they saw it to be a fine pendant. Sarien cast mage hand to try to extract the necklace. Meanwhile the rest of the group saw no such pendant in the water, and were growing confused. Sarien’s mage hand had a strange effect, as (to Sarien and Taranath) the bottom of the bond sank away, and the water turned into a viscus goo. Taranath picked up a branch and broke the surface of the goo, which then seemed to turn back into water, and the pond into its normal depth. Everyone was very confused.
- Some way’s later, Cahal and Arlay sat atop a branch. Arlay had spied a “snack”, a large kangaroo rat foraging atop a tree stump. Cahal gave the clear and Arlay dove in, only to be suddenly grappled by a whipping root of the tree stump. The rest of its roots animated, tearing from the ground, and it’s body rocked back revealing a massive maw. As the party burst into motion, two different plant creatures broke from their dormant camouflage to join the fray. Through struggles and heroics, the party eventually prevailed!
|Wolf in sheep’s clothing||8||4,800||1||4,800|