The 27th Anvil of Spring’s Waning.
- Saeros bounded after the rooftop sniper as she attempted to flee from the scene. Dodging a spooked horse, then jumping a nasty pothole, the monk finally caught up to the escaping thief. A swift trip left her with her hands up asking for mercy.
- The rest of the group stood at the dock, and were questioned by the captain of the guard, only now arriving on the scene. Andriel explained what he saw, and along with corroborating stories were thanked for their service and dismissed. Andriel tasked Sir Nyan to gather the local clergy to aid in finding the missing convict.
- The party purchased a room at The Devils Flask. A dockworker that recognized the party bought them a round of drinks.
The 28th Anvil
- The group rose early and headed out of town on the road north toward Brokenbridge and the Viridian Forest. They were flagged down on the way out of town and gifted loot from the combat the day before, including the large steel shield of Bull the Bulwark, which Andriel slung over his shoulder with little hesitation.
- Leaving Point Oreish, the group made for Earlmoor but were soon haulted by warnings from their animal companions of trouble ahead. A wagon had been tipped on its side, its contents spilled. Strange craters marked the through the clearing surrounding the wagon.
- The party moved forward and were assaulted by corrupt hodags! The creatures charged with abandon and tossed Cahal through the air. Despite viscous maws, claws, and tails, the beasts were subdued by the parties barrage of attacks. Andriel managed the killing blow on all three creatures, a fact that Saeros was quick to point out his distaste for.
- Eventually the party rounded a bend and saw Earlmoor ahead. The town sat on a lake, or bog. Above it and against the swamp stood a dilapidated keep.
- Making their way into town, the group noted a large pavilion in the center of town. Locals in the tavern talked of the mystery beneath, for the monument being constructed was a secret to all in the town save Hollibard, the local wizard, who was overseeing the project.
- The barkeep pointed out having seen a brother of Cahal’s only several days before in town, and that he seemed in a sour mood, and was heading south.
- Cahal investigated the town from on wing, specifically Mistvale Manor, the mysterious keep on the hill above town. The druid even spotted who he believed to be Hollibard in the manor’s tower, a massive rat draped across his shoulders.
- The party retired for the night in a local bed and breakfast.
The 29th Anvil
- The group rose early once again and continued north on the road to Brokenbridge.
- They traveled along the western coast for some time until eventually cutting east into the mainland and the thick forest beyond. Soon, the party spotted three slain birds, hanged upside-down by their feet. Andriel explained that this was a clear bandit warning, that ‘we are now entering their territory’. The cleric removed the birds from the tree with care, and placed them in the woods where the natural cycle would take them.
- The group continued through the day and eventually capped out in a roadside clearing. The night was full for terrible sounds from the forest, but was otherwise uneventful.
The 30th Anvil
- The adventurers rose and continued north along the road and after some time, broke through the trees to see the ocean, now to the east. To the north, a bay, and beyond it a glimmer on the horizon that Andriel told them was Brokenbridge. They scooted the coast to eventually enter Brokenbridge.
- The ‘Forest Side’ of the city was all newer buildings, and mainly wood, where the far side of the bridge, or the ‘Castle Side’ stool the greater stone structures.
- Andriel suggested The Pickled Gizzard as the tavern of choice to bed and binge at, thus the group procured rooms there, and parted ways.
- Andriel and Saeros strode across The Bridge of Accord to the castle side of the city and made for the tournament grounds. There, they entered themselves in the Dueling Tournament as well as the Archery Contest.
- Taranath made for Gheraldi’s Rings’n’Things to catch up with his old classmate. He gathered what information he could about the subject of his thesis, the hauntings of the forest. Gheraldi promised to have his ears out for news of the forest.
- Cahal visited the Rootbound Temple in Brokenbridge where he spoke to Father Teaton. The Father explained that Cahal was a replacement for one Brother Felius. According to Theaton, Felius had forgotten his duty, and had taken to spending too much of his time in the city, specifically the Sunny Meadows Asylum.