The 1st Sword of Summer’s Descent
Orden, Edra, and Colya
- Beliden’s rescuers stood in the remains of a Church of Vehana in the raised town of Lassley. On the floor before them were the corpses of the bugbears they had dispatched. Beliden lay at the altar, beaten and bloodied, clearly showing signs of violent interrogation. Orden quickly healed his old friend, he would live, though he didn’t immediately wake. The exhaustion of their long day finally set in on the party, so the group decided to rest for the night. First, they looted the bugbear corpses, then threw Beliden over one of their horses to ride a ways out of town before camping for the night. Edra found them a safe, dry place to sleep. During their watches the heroes heard drums and horde activity coming from the town, and were thankful they had left the scene before being caught.
The 2nd Sword of Summer’s Descent
- Beliden woke in the morning along with the rest of the party. He expressed his gratitude to the group, then proceeded to tell them of information his keen elven ears had overheard from the Bugbears.
- The savage horde was nearly ready to march, and by all accounts they planned to march north on the new moon, just under three tendays from now. The Gold Goblin had assymbled his army of eight savage races; Hobgoblins, Goblins, Orcs, Trolls, Frost Giants, Gnolls, Bugbears, and Ogres. Each race had is respective leader, be they chiefs, jarls, or kings; each of which now stood as the Gold Goblin’s generals. From the way the horde units talked of their leaders, it seemed to Beliden that killing these figures may pose a great threat to the army as a whole, for if a races leader is eliminated it will surely thin the numbers of the army by loss of morale. Further, before the army marched north, the Gold Goblin had one more target in his sights: Hope’s Return. He horde leader couldn’t allow the keep to stand, as it represented the last bastion of hope for the colonists who’s lands had been violently taken from them. Thus he would send his forces in Hob’Gamor to Hope’s Return to sack the castle and march north on the new moon. Beliden also learned that the bugbear general Makog the Malicious had been specifically assigned the job of finding and eliminating the resistance. The party had been extremely fortunate to rescue Beliden when they had, for he was being brought back to Makog for personal interrogation; they could have very easily lost their last advantages to the horde had their companion been taken in.
- With that information out of the way, the party rode west for the Crossroads. Several hours into their ride they reached a narrow bridge that crosses the rushing Siger river. Orden’s sharp eyes noted figures on the bridge. Several dismounted and snuck up for a closer view. A score of horde warriors guarded the bridge, laying simple barricades across it to stop unwanted travel. The group deliberated and chose to ride upstream and ford the river, adding an hour to their travels. They crossed the river successfully, and reached The Crossroads and the headquarters at night.
Bronn, Hess, and Farius
- Some eighty miles to the West, Bronn, Hess, and Farius stood over the maimed and lifeless body of Blackjack Burgermeister. Waves of emotion crashed over Bronn; his party was in dire straits before he killed his nemesis, but in doing so he just silenced the man with Bren’s last known whereabouts. With the aid of magic however, the dwarf hoped to get his answers. First the group discussed what questions should be asked, and after some deliberation they came to a decision, and the dwarf cast his spell.
- Where is my daughter Bren? I do not know, anymore.
- Where did you last see her? The Kingdom of T’Met.
- Who did you sell her to? The trader Zegwe Tesafi.
- How long ago was she sold? Three moons past.
- one more question
- With that knowledge gained, Bronn called over Sir Anson Danst, the man he had sent ahead to hunt down Burgermeister. He would once again send the grizzled knight along with his two best swords on the long and treacherous ride to T’Met. Danst would be searching for clues and information as to the whereabouts and affiliations of this trader Tesafi. The savage horde was to march north toward T’Met and the kingdoms beyond, so Bronn would be heading that way soon, and planned to meet with Danst in the future. The knight took his orders with stoicism, listening intently, and swore his loyalty to the dwarf. He would ride north in the morning.
- Along with this discussion, Old Griff and Danst had come up with an idea to contact those inside of Hope’s Return. Griff would send his companion kestrel Bolt. Bolt would be sent to fly into the castle with a message from the resistance (should the party wish), and would wait inside for a message to come back. So the party drafted up a simple message, stating who they were, and inquiring of conditions and situations, as well as who was within the walls of Hopes Return, and who was in command. Old Griff spoke to the bird in a strange avian tongue – whistles and chirps – then attached the small scroll to Bolt’s leg and the bird carried the message beyond the trees. The druid sat at the base of one such tree, his eyes rolling into the back of his head, as he looked through the sparrowhawk’s eyes.
- An hour later a message returned with a brief report.
-Dame Emilene of the Lake
- With more discussion between the group, they send a final message into the keep; that they will muster their resistance army, march to Hope’s Return, and battle against the large goblin contingent; for death or glory indeed.
- As the day waned the group decided to camp out for the night before heading back to the headquarters in the morning. Bronn and Danst stayed up for some time discussing the knights mission, to which I would ride in the morning.
The 3rd Sword of Summer’s Descent
- As Sir Danst rode north for the Kingdom of T’Met, the trio had a final talk with Old Griff before riding back to the east. They asked the old druid to stay in the vicinity of the castle, to watch, and to wait for the resistance’s march. He would stay in contact with Lady Emilene, and would report to the party once they had returned with their army.
- At last the group rode out, and hustled to the headquarters so they could deliver the tidings, and prepare their men.
The 4th Sword of Summer’s Descent
- As Bronn, Farius, and Hess return from the west, Orden, Colya, and Edra are interrupted by guards alerting them to a ringfall event! The six heroes though still miles apart, all witness the sky’s illumination as the magic infused stones fall to the earth. Without more than a word, the heroes knew what needed to be done, and the six rode toward the place of impact, and unwittingly toward eachother.
The Party Reunited!
- The six heroes crest a giant crater caused by the massive impact to look down on a colossal avian surrounded by a raging storm! The Thunderbird sat perched atop the ringfall as if it were a nest of precious eggs. From opposite sides of the crater the heroes charged toward the storm and battled with heroism against the great bird. Just as the party thought they had the fight one, drums sounded in the distance – orcish drums – and a moment later orcish gorthek riders burst from the trees, for they too hunted for the fortune that fell from the sky!
|Circumventing the Blockaded Bridge||1,000|
|The next clue in the hunt for Bren||2,000|
|Letters within the Keep||1,000||1,000|
|Mythic Invincible, Mythic Agile Thunderbird||13||25,600||1||25,600|
|Subtotal||29,600 / 6|